Are you working for a larger firm and like the idea of immediately helping to fuel a smaller firm’s growth? Do you already work for a small or mid-sized firm but don’t feel fulfilled by the business you’re pursuing? Are you searching for a firm with a deep commitment to purpose and positive impact in both client work and how the firm operates?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Taft may be the place for you.
Taft Communications is a boutique communications consultancy focused on purpose and impact that is part of the global PROI network. We apply our deep communications experience and passion for making a difference to help clients better articulate their core purpose and energize how they engage employees, drive social impact, strengthen DEI, commit to sustainability, and promote better health. Our clients — many in the health and clean energy space — are both corporate and nonprofit and based throughout the US and beyond. In Taft, you’ll find a values-based firm that has more than tripled in size over the last decade and is committed to sustainable growth for years to come.
Taft is looking for a rising and energetic “builder” with a desire to share our focus, a fire to help us grow our business, and the confidence to help tell our story before any audience.
Our Manager, Business Development and Accounts will primarily focus on managing our efforts to secure new opportunities for the firm, in collaboration with senior Focus Area leads. This position is perfect for a communications professional who wants to accumulate broad-based experience as they navigate a path to agency leadership.
More specifically, the Manager will:
- Manage our Business Development committee based on CEO direction, removing roadblocks and improving collaboration
- Drive proposal process for key opportunities, including updating BD toolkit and managing customized proposal and presentation development, with support of other team members, design resources and project coordinator
- Conduct targeted direct outreach to secure Taft introductory meetings and invitations for Taft to bid on new business
- Regularly update Taft CRM, ensure we track progress against key metrics, and follow up regularly with team members and prospects to help win new business
- Participate in client onboarding process to prepare new clients for full transition to account teams.
- Coordinate and project manage planning and activities of Marketing Committee
- Contribute to creative content for Taft marketing activities including websites, video, digital advertising, and social media
- Liaise with partner agencies and vendors who can strengthen the Taft offerings and/or provide referral business
- Focus on project management or account services (potentially including media relations or digital/social support) for a limited number of agency clients
The successful candidate should have:
- 5-8 years of experience in media relations, journalism, public relations, public affairs or related marketing field.
- Experience working with health/life sciences, education or renewable energy/environmental companies (or clients) is preferred.
- Familiarity with different types of projects and deliverables, including but not limited to communications strategy, creative concepting, video, digital, and vendor management. Project Management Certificate (PMP) is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills to closely manage the firm’s business development activities.
- A sense of humor and desire to work with a tight-knit team
- An authentic interest in our purpose-focused work and making a positive impact on the world
Salary:$65,000 – $91,000 Yearly plus incentives
What We Offer:
- The chance to make a quick impact on a growing firm
- A competitive comp package — including both base salary and significant success-based incentives — as well as opportunity to advance
- Lots of flexibility: our main office is in Trenton, NJ, and the position will be required to be at the office two days per week as of January 2024. The position will involve occasional travel, primarily in the tri-state region
- A full benefits package, including generous PTO, medical, dental, and 401K
- A smart, fun, and values-based team
- A deep commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within our own firm and in how we use communications to strengthen our clients.
Intrigued? If so, please send a note and your LinkedIn to the attention of Ted Deutsch at [email protected].
Taft Communications LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer