You’ve honed and refined your skills as a storyteller who communicates through concise, powerful, professional visuals. Now, you’re looking to see if you might be able to apply that expertise to work you believe in — and that just might nudge the world in a better direction. If that’s the case, we should talk.
Taft Communications is a specialty consulting firm that focuses on purpose and impact. We help businesses and nonprofits use the power of their core missions to make a difference not just in their organizations — but also in their communities and the world.
We’re seeking a graphic designer with a background in corporate communications, advertising, marketing, or any related area in which high-quality comms pieces and internal communications were created as part of a positive, collaborative team and were able to achieve the desired strategic objectives.
While designing high-end corporate PowerPoint presentations is critical and central to the role, we also create a wide range of video content, digital and social media, long-form educational pieces, grassroots policy and advocacy campaigns, and traditional marketing materials. Our ideal candidate is someone who can not only create these pieces, but also has a desire to grow and lead teams of others through the concept and design phases of key client projects.
Design engaging, memorable and effective communications pieces that move audiences to action and advance client objectives. Work is primarily for corporate client base.
- Visual eye and expert hands to conceive and create designs for a wide range of media — digital, social, internal corporate PowerPoint presentations, print, collateral, event marketing, fundraising
- Proficiency and expertise in key programs to generate work — PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, file share programs like SharePoint
- Proficiency in social channels — both external (i.e. Twitter) and internal (i.e Yammer)
- Ability to work from a creative brief and generate original communications ideas that are clear, concise, thought-provoking and effective
- Conceptual thinking — the ability to go from a blank page to a conceptual framework to a finished piece
- Ability to internalize and adhere to various brand guidelines of a range of clients
- Video editing capability not mandatory, but is a plus
- Ability to strategize and collaborate with team members during meetings and brainstorms
- Organizational, time management, task prioritization, and critical and creative thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- An ambition and drive to constantly improve, grow the range and skill set of the Taft creative department, keep up and master emerging communications trends, and expand your own career as a creative
Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3-5 years’ experience in graphic design, preferably in a marketing, advertising, corporate communications or public relations capacity.
Experience in digital/creative/marketing communications and client support for health and life sciences is preferred. Other sectors of interest include energy and the environment, education and/or public policy.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance, prescription drug plan, vision discount plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Generous paid family leave
- 16 Days PTO
- Summer Friday hours and flexible hours
- Work-from-home option
- Annual bonuses based on company profitability and individual performance
- Quarterly team-building activities
- Professional development
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym access
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Referral Program
- New Business Success Program
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Taft Communications LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.