The world is changing before our eyes. Today’s “new normal” is tomorrow’s old news.
Our clients want more than a quick fix or a glib line. They want to make a difference. They have a sense of responsibility, not just to their financial bottom line but to the broader community, even to the planet itself.
In such areas as health, sustainability, diversity/equity/inclusion, and corporate social responsibility, we help our clients articulate and amplify their purpose
If that appeals to you, please read on.
This position calls for a self-motivated leader and team player who understands how individual tasks fit into the bigger picture; who is conscientious, detail oriented, naturally curious, and cool under pressure; who is confident communicating with clients; and who believes in continuous improvement, including bringing new methods and techniques to the team.
We seek employees who embrace the high value our company places on diversity and inclusion. Taft believes that diversity in race and ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, and all other aspects not only benefit the company and our clients, it benefits us as individuals. Taft is intentional about our efforts to recruit a diverse workforce. We are a social justice-oriented company that gives voice to our employees’ views and recognizes the responsibility to help improve the wellbeing of our community, state, nation, and the world — both in our role as corporate citizens and in the work we do for our clients.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of client accounts
- Liaise with assigned clients on a consistent basis to ascertain strategic direction and build the relationship outside scheduled meetings
- Lead cross-functional teams in support of clients, ensuring that we propose ongoing solutions that reflect strategy and deliver results
- Project-manage contract deliverables, including scheduling and leading regular internal and client check-in meetings/calls.
- Manage budget on assigned accounts and, together with project manager, ensure account profitability
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of clients’ culture and business category and shares this knowledge with the larger team
- Provide overall strategic counsel to assigned clients
- Oversee creation of account work product, delegating where necessary but also originating a share of the creative and providing editorial and creative oversight
- Implement refinements and extensions of existing Taft service lines
- Identify opportunities to expand client relationships through cross-servicing
- Successfully network, identifying and conducting outreach to potential clients and securing new business meetings
- Regularly assist with or lead development of presentations and proposals for potential clients and/or new projects
- Maintain up-to-date information on leads, contacts, and potential opportunities using Taft Workbook system.
This position calls for at least 10 years of corporate communications experience that spans both employee engagement and media relations — preferably with some account management experience in an agency setting.
The position calls for on-the-job experience with at least one of Taft’s priority focus areas: creative employee engagement; corporate social responsibility; diversity, equity and inclusion; sustainability and health.
Familiarity with leading-edge employee engagement tools is preferred.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, English, public health, or related field. In some circumstances, years of education may substitute for years of work experience.
*For more senior candidates with closer to 15 years’ experience, this position could be upgraded to Director.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance, prescription drug plan, vision discount plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Generous paid family leave
- 16 Days PTO
- Summer Friday hours and flexible hours
- Work-from-home option
- Annual bonuses based on company profitability and individual performance
- Quarterly team-building activities
- Professional development
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym access
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Referral Program
- New Business Success Program
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected] NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Taft Communications LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.