Do you want to help do good work? Have a flair for great storytelling? Love health, education and/or environmental causes?
Great! We do, too.
We’re looking for an awesome and ambitious Senior Account Coordinator who thinks outside the box to help convey ideas, accomplish missions, and inspire meaningful change for both our corporate and nonprofit clients. If you’re a clever communicator with top-notch writing skills, social media savviness and a passion for public relations, we want you on our team.
This position calls for a self-motivated leader and a team player who understands how personal tasks fit into the bigger picture; who is conscientious, detail oriented, naturally curious and cool under pressure; who is confident communicating with clients; and who believes in continuous improvement, including bringing new methods and techniques to the team.
We seek employees who embrace the high value our company places on diversity and inclusion. Taft believes that diversity in race and ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation and all other aspects not only benefit the company and our clients, it benefits us as individuals. Taft is intentional about our efforts to recruit a diverse workforce. We are a social justice-oriented company that gives voice to our employees’ views and recognizes the responsibility to help improve the wellbeing of our community, state, nation, and the world — both in our role as corporate citizens and in the work we do for our clients.
A Senior Account Coordinator is primarily focused on tactical execution under direct supervision of senior team members. This person is expected to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of client accounts and assist in supporting aspects of the clients’ PR and social media plans on a day-to-day basis
- Create, edit and proofread various internal and external communications: e.g. pitches, press releases, op-eds, newsletters, speeches, blogs, etc. for assigned clients and/or the firm
- Track team assignments, schedule and prepare materials for meetings, traffic creative projects and manage client deliverables for assigned clients.
- Participate in and occasionally lead client planning meetings and routinely contribute ideas and/or suggestions
- Lead aspects of client event planning, including event logistics and onsite assistance
- Vet existing, and build original targeted media lists customized to different clients and industries
- Pitch reporters by phone and email; manage interviews between clients and reporters and on occasion generate media coverage reports
- May at times, perform research on various topics for assigned clients; organize research into easily digested materials, like spreadsheets and memos; cogently summarize findings for Taft colleagues, verbally and in writing
A Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years experience in communications, public relations or marketing in an agency environment agency preferred. Social media savviness, project management skills, basic graphic design and video editing skills are a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance, prescription drug plan, vision discount plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Generous paid family leave
- 16 days PTO
- Summer Fridays and flexible hours
- Work-from-home option
- Annual bonuses based on company profitability and individual performance
- Quarterly team-building activities
- Professional development
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym access
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Referral Program
- New Business Success Program
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Taft Communications LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.