If you’re a creative, organized person who has a way with words and energy to spare, read on.
Our New Jersey-based communications firm, which has 35 years of helping clients who do good work tell their stories, is in need of a brilliant mind who can draft click-worthy pitches, has a track record of getting local and state media coverage, is up to date on best practices and trends in the digital space and can navigate InDesign and/or Illustrator.
You’ll be based in our Princeton-area office, surrounded by a diverse team of sharp, passionate colleagues who excel at upping each other’s game. We meet deadlines head-on for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to universities and regional healthcare systems and foundations. Our expertise areas are health/life sciences, energy/environment and public policy/education.
We pride ourselves on our willingness to grow each day, and to offer unparalleled ideas and service to great clients.
We rely on our Senior Account Coordinator to provide project management support and execution of public relations and social media strategies with guidance from senior team members. This person is expected to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of client accounts and assist in supporting day-to-day aspects of clients’ PR plans
- Provide project management support for assigned clients and team members (project tracking, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements and event and client meeting preparation and planning)
- Execute account responsibilities as assigned by senior personnel in a timely, professional and thorough fashion; anticipate and recommend next steps and action items
- Draft concise and compelling media pitches, perform outreach via a multitude of channels (email, social media and phone), and identify new opportunities for coverage for assigned clients via editorial calendars, media monitoring and staying on top of newspapers/magazines/online news sites
- Maintain knowledge of local and national media, business developments pertaining to client industries and PR and social media business trends
- Develop and maintain accurate media lists
- Draft effective press releases and related materials
- Distribute client press releases, pitches and other materials
- Participate in development and execution of social media strategies and tactics for Taft and assigned clients
- Compile and distribute reports as required by clients and supervisors
- Conduct thorough research, preparation and idea generation for new business presentations
- Prepare first drafts of new business presentations, proposals and SOWs including collecting bios, case statements and outlining initial deliverables
- Efficiently manage time, including prioritizing workload
Traits we love
- High energy and drive
- Sense of humor
- First-rate writing skills
- Outstanding verbal communications
- Loves details and organization
- Readiness to learn and stretch
- Interest in current events
- Ability to meet deadlines, keep track of multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work long hours during peak periods
A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or similar discipline; 2-5 years of experience in public relations (agency preferred); social media savviness, basic graphic design using InDesign and/or Illustrator and video editing skills are a plus.
We are a New Jersey-based communications consulting firm with 35 years of experience creating and implementing targeted campaigns for mission-driven clients across the globe. Taft is a team of experienced pros with highly diverse backgrounds in a range of industries. We work together to respond to internal and external communications challenges. Clients include foundations, nonprofits, Fortune 500 companies, hospitals and universities. The firm has particularly in-depth experience in the health and life sciences sectors. ClearPoint, the leadership communications division provides courses, clinics and coaching to help leaders manage the “constant conversation.”
Our mission is to help good clients do good work — and to have fun while we’re doing it. Learn more about us at taftcommunications.com.
If you have the skills and experience that prepares you well for this position, persuade us as to why we should hire you. Send a cover note and your resume to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.