We’re looking for an awesome and ambitious Communications Intern who thinks outside the box to help convey ideas, accomplish missions, and inspire meaningful change for both our corporate and nonprofit clients.
This position calls for a self-motivated leader and a team player who understands how personal tasks fit into the bigger picture; who is conscientious, detail oriented, naturally curious, and cool under pressure. The intern will support projects to PR, editorial, leadership communications, and social media. The internship will provide visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the public relations field. Among our active clients are Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Rethink Energy NJ, Bristol Myers Squibb, and Halozyme.
- Fully support company’s PR strategy and execute it in different phases
- Create and curate engaging content
- Communicate and build relationships with current or prospect clients
- Support social media initiatives
- Create and distribute press releases
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend various events
- Perform research and market analysis activities
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a related bachelor’s or master’s university/college
This is a part time paid internship. Candidates should be available to work approximately 15 – 20 hours per week.
Taft Communications LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected].