Do you want to help do good work? Have a flair for great storytelling? Love health, education and/or environmental causes?
Great! We do, too.
We’re looking for an awesome and ambitious Communications Manager who thinks outside the box to help convey ideas, accomplish missions, and inspire meaningful change for both our corporate and nonprofit clients. If you’re a clever communicator with top-notch writing skills, social media savviness and a passion for public relations, we want you on our team.
This position calls for a self-motivated leader and a team player who understands how individual tasks fit into the bigger picture; who is conscientious, detail-oriented, naturally curious, and cool under pressure; who is confident communicating with clients; and who believes in continuous improvement, including bringing new methods and techniques to the team.
We seek employees who embrace the high value our company places on diversity and inclusion. Taft believes that diversity in race and ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, experience and all other aspects not only benefit the company and our clients, it benefits us as individuals. Taft is intentional about our efforts to recruit a diverse workforce. We are a social justice-oriented company that gives voice to our employees’ views and recognizes the responsibility to help improve the wellbeing of our community, state, nation, and the world — both in our role as corporate citizens and in the work, we do for our clients.
Responsibilities may include:
- Project manage contract deliverables including scheduling and leading internal check-in meetings/calls for assigned accounts
- Participate in client meetings and prepare and provide written and verbal progress reports
- Provide effective management of agency resources and work with agency project manager to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget
- Manage agency and vendor costs to help ensure profitability and assists in preparation of client invoices
- Assist in issuing change orders, as needed, communicating proactively with the client.
- Coordinate project timing and budgets for creative deliverables with all relevant team members and provide clients with updates, as needed
- Contribute to creative content for Taft marketing activities including websites, video, digital advertising, and social media
- Traffic advertising and creative deliverables
- Utilize firm’s total agency management system (WorkBook) for tracking and analyzing job performance.
Media Relations and strategy development:
- Develop and execute a media relations strategy including:
- Creating media lists,
- Writing and pitching press releases, op-eds, LTE’s via targeted outreach and PRNewswire distribution
- Working with the digital team to amplify coverage
- Identify opportunities for coverage for assigned clients via editorial calendars, media monitoring and monitoring newspapers/magazines/online news sites and perform outreach via multiple channels (phone, email, social media)
- Maintain knowledge of local and national media and communications trends
- Provide general input on strategy
- Identify and secure booth furnishings and swag for corporate events
- Develop and maintain detailed run of show including daily agenda and talking points
- Represent the organization at press conferences, interviews, trade shows etc.
This person should have 5-10 years of experience in media relations, journalism, public relations, public affairs or marketing, or employee communications/engagement. Experience in health/life sciences, education or renewable energy/environmental is preferred. Prior agency experience is also preferred. Working knowledge of the New Jersey political landscape and campaign experience is a plus. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
The ideal candidate should have familiarity with different types of projects and deliverables, including but not limited to creative concepting, video, digital, and other vendor management. Project Management Certificate (PMP), a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance, prescription drug plan, vision discount plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Generous paid family leave
- 16 days’ PTO
- Summer Fridays and flexible hours
- Work-from-home option
- Annual bonuses based on company profitability and individual performance
- Quarterly team-building activities
- Professional development
- Business casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym access
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Referral Program
- New Business Success Program
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Taft Communications LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer