Do you want to help do good work? Have a flair for great storytelling? Love health, education and/or environmental causes?
Great! We do, too.
We’re looking for an awesome and ambitious Account Coordinator who thinks outside the box to help convey ideas, accomplish missions and inspire meaningful change for both our corporate and nonprofit clients. If you’re a clever communicator with top-notch writing skills, social media savviness and a passion for public relations, we want you on our team.
This position calls for a self-motivated leader and a team player who understands how personal tasks fit into the bigger picture; who is conscientious, detail oriented, naturally curious and cool under pressure; who is confident communicating with clients; and who believes in continuous improvement, including bringing new methods and techniques to the team.
We seek employees who embrace the high value our company places on diversity and inclusion. Taft believes that diversity in race and ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation and all other aspects not only benefit the company and our clients, it benefits us as individuals. Taft is intentional about our efforts to recruit a diverse workforce. We are a social justice-oriented company that gives voice to our employees’ views and recognizes the responsibility to help improve the wellbeing of our community, state, nation and the world — both in our role as corporate citizens and in the work we do for our clients.
An Account Coordinator is primarily focused on tactical execution under direct supervision of senior team members. This person is expected to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of client accounts and assist in supporting aspects of the clients’ PR and social media plans on a day-to-day basis
- Work with agency president to track, coordinate and provide research support to business development efforts
- Media monitoring for clients
- Create and maintain targeted media lists using Cision and other more targeted research tools, e.g. Google News.
- Draft concise and impactful pitches, press releases, op-eds, speeches, blogs, etc. for assigned clients and/or the firm.
- Perform outreach/pitch via a multitude of channels (phone, email, social media)
- Identify new opportunities for coverage for assigned clients via editorial calendars, media monitoring and reading newspapers/magazines/online news sites
- Maintain knowledge of local and national media business developments pertaining to client industries and PR and social media business trends.
- Assist in conducting social media audits and analytics reports
- Conduct research and assist in the creation of proposals and SOWs
- Be efficient and develop an understanding of accurate time management, including prioritizing workload and submission of timely and accurate timesheets
A Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years’ experience in communications, public relations or marketing in an agency environment agency preferred. Social media savviness, project management skills, basic graphic design and video editing skills are a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance, prescription drug plan, vision discount plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Generous paid family leave
- 16 Days PTO
- Summer Fridays and flexible hours
- Work-from-home option
- Annual bonuses based on company profitability and individual performance
- Quarterly team building activities
- Professional development
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym access
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Referral Program
- New Business Success Program
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Taft Communications LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.